Food Handler Cards
Definition of a Food Handler: Any person who shall prepare, handle, or dispense food for human consumption, or come into contact with food or food preparation utensils, at any food establishment.
Directions for applying for a food handlers card:
- Complete the Basic Food Handler Card Application (print clearly)
- Fill out information at the top of the Food Handlers Test Answer Sheet (print clearly)
- Take the test and put all answers on the answer sheet. Fully color in the letters and print clearly on the fill in the blank questions. This is an open book test. All test answers can be found in the Henry County Environmental Health Food Regulations.
- Mail or return the following items to the Health Center:
- Basic Food Handler Card Application
- Food Handlers Test Answer Sheet
- Cash, check or money order for $15 for three years or $5 for one year made payable to the Henry County Health Center
Your test will be graded (passing score is 80% or better). If you receive a passing score on the test, you will be notified when your card is ready to be picked up at the Health Center.
For the application, study materials, and answer sheet – Click Here
Henry County Food Regulations – Click Here
If you have any questions, please call 660-890-8228 or E-mail: Gary.French@lpha.mo.gov