The Henry County Health Center is a National Highway Traffic Safety Administration certified Car Seat Fitting Station. A certified Car Seat Technician is available to perform car seat checks by appointment only Monday thru Friday 9:00am to 3:30pm. Please call 660-890-8228 for an appointment.
The Henry County Health Center may have car seats available to assist low income families.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Car Seat Technician Gary French at 660-890-8228 or by email Gary.French@lpha.mo.gov
Missouri law states:
- Children less than four years old are required to use an appropriate child passenger restraint system. [The fine for not complying with the law is $50.]
- Children less than 40 pounds, regardless of age, must be secured in a child passenger restraint system appropriate for the child. [The fine for not complying with the law is $50.]
- Children ages four to eight years old who weigh at least 40 pounds, but less than 80 pounds, and are under 4’9” tall, must be secured in a child passenger restraint system or booster seat appropriate for that child. [The fine for not complying with the law is $50.]
- Children ages eight through 15 must wear seat belts regardless of the type of vehicle in which they are riding or where they are seated (front or back). Like the child restraint law, this is a primary law, meaning you can be pulled over by law enforcement for noncompliance. The fine is $10.
- Persons less than 18 years of age operating or riding in trucks (regardless of gross weight for which licensed) must wear seat belts.
- No person under age 18 is allowed to ride in the unenclosed bed of a truck with a licensed gross weight of less than 12,000 pounds on lettered highways, federal, state maintained highways, and within city limits. There are exemptions for agricultural purposes, special events, and parades.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure passengers under the age of 16 are buckled up safely. Those 16 and over are responsible for themselves.