The Henry County Health Center is now offering Nursing services to Henry County schools. Licensed nurses are available for a minimum of four hours a month (more can be arranged if needed) to provide the following services:
- Monitoring of staff and student immunization compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Providing training of medication administration/documentation for health clerk staff
- Monitoring that student medication administration is appropriately documented and logged
- Providing staff development on health-related topics such as head lice, childhood illness, handwashing, etc.
- Monitoring of staff CPR/First aid certification (CPR/First aid certification classes also available for additional fee)
- Development of Emergency Action Plans for students at risk of medical crises at school or during a school function.
- Development of school health related policies and procedures